Annual Review Meeting
on plantation Project Implementation in 2012 and Annual plan for 2013 under
Oji Lao Plantation Forest Co., Ltd.
in Bolikhamxay & Khammouane Provinces
The annual review meeting took place on 5th of March 2013 at the conference room of Bolikhamxay Provincial Agriculture & Forestry Office (PAFO), attended by totally 25 participants who are representatives of the related parties, such as represntatives from provincial departments, deputy district governors from those districts with Oji Lao plantation location. provincial / district project coordinators.
On 15th of March, an annual review meeting was also held at Khammouane Provincial Agriculture & Forestry Office (PAFO) for the same purpose. Attended this meeting were 26 representatives of concerned offices of provincial level, deputy district governors from the project site location, provincial/ district project coordinators.
I. Purpose of the meeting:
- To review the results of implementation of the workplan for investment on industrial tree plantin during the past years, and to consider the directions for future investment.
- To provide an opportunity for the stakeholders’ represenatives from the provincial and district concerned departments/ sectoions so that they can share opions, experiences or give comments in connection to Oji Lao company’s plan and policy with an aim to facilitate the company’s investment plan to keep it be in line with the Lao government’s investment promotion law.
II. Meeting facilitation:
Mr. Eng Kouangmanivanh, a member of Board of Direstors, reported to the meeting about the company project implementation concerning the investment on tree plantation until 2012 and presented the 2013 workplan. Summarization of the main contents of the meeting are as below:
- The situation of project implememntation that has been carried out so far.
- Some lesson-learnts drawn from the project implemetation so far, theough which we found conveniences, constraints and some pending issues that should still continue to be resolved further.
- The orientation of workplan for the project implementation in the future.
- The next plan orientation proposed by the Company.
- A pilot scheme on “Napier” grass growing for livestock forage proposed by the Company.
- The Company proposed to make/ produce charcoal from the fire-damaged eucalyptus in the company’s plantations as commercial goods.
- All concerned parties/ stakeholders are proposed to give assistance in collecting “FSC” data (FSC= Forest Stewardship Council).
Consultation dialogues in both meetings were conducted under a good atmosphere with fair and square conversations. The meetings were complete in contents and ended successfully.